Planet Aid seeks an experienced USG Proposal Writer (PW).The PW will be part of a dynamic team of partnership specialists based in Elkridge, MD. The PW must have extensive experience in the USG grant process, as well as a sound track record in USG proposal writing, thus being able to write complex proposals from start to finish. Technical experience in the area of integrated health including HIV & AIDS is a plus, but not a requirement. The PW must be driven, highly organized, able to juggle multiple priorities at the same time and manage the proposal development process from start to finish.
Throughout the proposal development process, the PW will cooperate closely with field and country teams to gather needed information including indicators, CV's, etc. The PW will write and edit proposals, at times assisted by other grant writers, and will be responsible for delivering the final product to the relevant USG agency.
In addition to USG proposal writing, the PW will carry out other New Business tasks, which may include:
- Work with Planet Aid’s new business team to build relationships with USG partners
- Track and analyze any new opportunity and carry out all needed steps to develop highly competitive strategies and teaming arrangements.
- Prepare for and participate in meetings with relevant USG Agencies and stakeholders.
- Draft and negotiate Teaming Agreements with partners.
- Contribute to the design process and win-themes.
When needed or during low USG procurement season, the job may also require contributions to proposal development and direct negotiations with private sector companies, foundations, World Bank, the UN and other donor agencies.
The majority of time will be spent at our corporate office in Elkridge, MD, while a few days each month is expected to be spent in Washington D.C. for meetings with partners, networking events and/or conferences.
About Planet Aid
Planet Aid is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is best known for its yellow bins that accept clothing and shoes to be reused and recycled. Due to its recycling program, Planet Aid is able to support development projects worldwide and is a registered Private Voluntary Organization (PVO) with the U.S. Agency for International Development. Planet Aid is also a member of the Humana People to People Federation, and it works with and supports other local member organizations in many developing countries.
- Basic knowledge of current USG trends and initiatives in international development funding
- Technical know of PEPFAR funding (HIV & AIDS and TB) is a plus, but not a requirement
- Excellent skills in analyzing new USG opportunities; RFA’s and RFP’s
- Strong USG writing skills and a systematic handling of the proposal process
- Minimum 8-years experience with USG proposal writing (USAID or CDC)
- Strong organizational skills and a systematic approach to solving challenges
- End-to-end experience in writing USAID proposals, including a clear understanding of how to strategically read an RFA, key roles and responsibilities on a proposal development team, and proven capacity to deliver high quality, winning proposals.
Bachelor degree or Master’s degree in international development or other relevant field.
Compensation and benefits
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our benefit package includes paid life insurance, company-subsidized health and dental insurance, voluntary vision and short-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) plan and paid time off.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter to: Pindjobs@planetaid.org
Planet Aid is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of USAID Proposal Manager and Administrator (PMA). This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization and contribute to the expansion of financial support for international development programs, with focus on improving people’s health and wellbeing in Sub Saharan Africa.
The PMA must be able to manage the USAID proposal development process from start to finish. Successful candidates must be detail oriented, highly organized, able to juggle multiple priorities at once, carry out compliance reviews and coordinate all of the elements needed to complete a timely submission.
Throughout the proposal development process, the PMA will cooperate closely with field and country teams to gather the needed information; indicators, CV's, capacity statements etc. The PMA will set priorities, delegate responsibilities, establish deadlines, and create detailed proposal production timetables.
The PMA will also review detailed budgets and budget notes as needed. In addition, the PMA will contribute to writing proposal sections such as past performance and the personnel section and will be responsible for delivering the final product with all attachments to the relevant USG agency.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in managing the USAID proposal process
- Excellent skills in analyzing and summarizing USAID proposal requirements
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Track record in recruitment of required personnel
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to develop clear, concise and persuasive language.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in spreadsheets and review detailed budgets
- Knowledge of current US Government trends and initiatives in international development funding
Bachelor’s degree in international development or other relevant field, Masters degree is preferred.
This is a full-time staff position.
Salary: to be negotiated based on experience
At Planet Aid’s Main Office in Elkridge, Columbia, MD, located between Silver Spring and Baltimore.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience.
Our benefit package includes paid life insurance, company-subsidized health and dental insurance, voluntary vision and short-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Planet Aid is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is best known for its yellow bins that accept clothes and shoes to be reused and recycled. From its recycling program, Planet Aid is able to support development projects worldwide, and is a registered private voluntary organization (PVO) with the U.S. Agency for International Development. Planet Aid is also a member of the Humana People to People Federation (HPP). As part of its efforts in the US, Planet Aid provides USG new business and proposal development support to local HPP member organizations in many developing countries.
Interested Candidates please send your resume and cover-letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See our Local Pages for job positing in your area.