Job location: Elkridge, Maryland
Planet Aid is seeking a full-time communications specialist to join our team in Elkridge, Maryland. The role of the CS II is to support the overall effectiveness, professionalism and growth of the organization. Successful applicants will possess excellent all-around communication skills and demonstrate careful attention to detail and a high aptitude for learning new material. We seek a multi-talented, multitasking individual who is a great team player and demonstrates a high level of personal accountability and responsibility.
The CS reports directly to the Director of Communications.
Specific qualifications include:
- Have a demonstrated sense of digital design.
- Write and edit website content and other written materials.
- Foster productive relationships with other offices within and external to the organization.
- Draft brief, precise promotional messages for social media and other outlets and manage postings.
- Draft blogs and other web copy.
- Knowledge of video and still photography a plus.
Also required: a BA in English, Communications, or related degree and at least two years of relevant experience and an interest and basic understanding of international development and environmental and global warming issues. Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or other video editing software and the Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop). Knowledge of online editing software and web-based marketing software such as Constant Contact is also beneficial.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and links to relevant samples of your work.
Salary commensurate with experience. Our benefit package includes paid life insurance, company-subsidized health and dental insurance, voluntary vision and short-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) plan and paid time off.
Job location: Elkridge, Maryland
Planet Aid is seeking a Recruitment and Training Manager (RTM) to be responsible for the organization’s recruitment and training of staff.
Planet Aid, Inc. is a national nonprofit organization. The organization’s mission is to protect the environment and to fund development programs in the poorest parts of the world. In the US the organization collects and recycles thousands of tons of used clothing to achieve its environmental mission and fundraising.
The RTM will be based at Planet Aid’s operational headquarters in Elkridge, but will work with the hiring managers at our facilities in 13 states. The RTM reports to the COO and coordinates with the HR Administrative Manager.
- Assess and streamline job descriptions for various job functions in the organization
- Active recruitment through job advertisements and other sourcing strategies to meet the needs of all business units within Planet Aid.
- Maintain pipelines of qualified candidates (drivers, warehouse workers, sales associates, specialists, supervisors, department mangers)
- Take a leading role in the hiring process from reviewing resumes, assisting hiring managers with the interview process and carrying our reference checks
- Train hiring managers in effective interview techniques
- Keep track of and assist with the employee review process in the units
- Ensure that all managers follow company policies and procedures when dealing with disciplinary and other employee conduct issue
- Manage new hire orientation and onboarding
- Ensure that termination documentation is complete and in accordance with Planet Aid’s policies
- Communicate and reinforce the mission and values of Planet Aid
- Assist in development and streamlining of on-the–job training programs
- Work with management on other staff development initiatives, bonus systems and incentives.
The Recruitment and Training Manager may from time to time be backup to other HR functions such as employee file maintenance and benefits management.
- Min. a BA or BS, preferably in a business related field
- Min. 3 years’ HR related work including sourcing, recruitment and training
- Operational experience in a supervisory or managerial position
- Experience with planning and conducting training
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Team player and ability to connect with people from many walks of life
- Up to 20% travel requirement
See our Local Pages for job postings in your area.