All children deserve a chance to learn, all children should have a qualified and committed teacher. Active in 7 countries, Humana People to People's teacher training program prepares teachers for work in rural communities. To train a primary school teacher costs approximately $2,000 per year. A donation in any amount can make a difference:
- New books for a school library.
- A water tank for hand-washing at a primary schools.
- Seed and fertilizer to start a school garden for nutrition and education purposes.
- Computer equipment for the teacher-training college to allow students access to the on-campus server and the Internet.
- Expenses for four-months of experiential research across Southern Africa for one student teacher.